Let's Make A Deal



I remember watching the daytime game show Let's Make a Deal growing up. It's still on television but I have no time to watch it. However, I remember a point in the show where people had to choose between door #1, door #2 or door #3. Looking at the picture again, I guess you can see why my mind went in that direction. Making the right choice could win a contestant great prizes. Choosing the wrong door resulted in... well... something way less valuable. Okay, it was sometimes junk!

While that game might be entertaining, there are choices we all face in life that can result in great reward or terrible ruin. What job will I prepare for? Who will I marry? How do I invest for retirement? Do I get a Labradoodle? All these and more are certainly life changing decisions, but there is one that far outweighs all others combined. What is that, you wonder?

It is "Whom will I serve?"

Joshua, the one to whom Moses passed the baton of leadership, spoke to the people of Israel, saying,

"Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But, if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:14-15)

Today, you still have the same choice. You may think that there are no other gods in this world but I beg to differ with you. There is the god of money, the god of success, the god of selfish ambition, the god of lust, the god of possessions, the god of popularity, the god of work, the god of false religion, etc. Whatever consumes your heart, mind, passions and desires is your god.

Choose this day who you will serve, but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.

[Jesus said] "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved." (John 10:9)

Choose wisely!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?