Do You Love Me More Than These?


Admit it... there are people and things that mean the world to you. I think of my precious family... and I can't imagine life without a single one of them. Some have suggested that I couldn't live without my camera, guitar, computer or cellphone... and, well, let's just not think about it. Okay?

I recently completed a Bible study where I examined my priorities, possessions, pride, prejudices and purpose. I had to ask myself if there's ANYTHING more important to me in this life than my love for and obedience to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. That same question was asked of Peter:

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love Me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” (John 21:15)

The "these" Jesus referred to is not known. Perhaps He pointed to the other disciples asking, "Do you love Me more than your friend and family relationships?" He might have pointed to the sea, boats and fishing nets asking, "Do you love Me more than possessions and a paycheck?"

What very special person or possession would Jesus point to and ask of you, "Do you love Me more than these?" And how would you respond?

If your answer is "No, there are other people or things more important to me," then maybe you need to evaluate your priorities or even your very salvation experience.

If your answer is "Yes, I love you, Lord, more than anything," then feed His lambs. There is a lost world of hungry sheep waiting to be fed the gospel truth. Jesus had to ask Peter three times before it truly sunk in, but then God used him to change the world.

Say "Yes" to Jesus and be a world changer too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?