What Are You Aiming For?



YOU COULDN'T HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A BARN!
This hyperbolic term is usually used to denote poor marksmanship or to have very poor aim.

Many times in life we aim for success, fame, wealth and popularity supposing that it will bring true happiness. However, you can watch the news or celebrity gossip channels and realize quickly that what most thought would fulfill their wildest dreams led instead to lives of emptiness, isolation, people trying to take advantage of them, jail time or ruin.

There is only one place to truly hit the mark when it comes to incomparable joy and true fulfillment. How do you find this kind of joy?

1 - Receive Christ and He gives you His Holy Spirit of joy

"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them." (John 17:13)

2 - Love others like Christ loves you

"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." (John 15:10-12)

3 - Walk daily down the path of life with God.

"You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence." (Acts 2:28)

If you don't know the target then you certainly won't know where to aim. It's amazing how easy it is to hit that barn unless you are looking in the opposite direction. If you are seeking authentic joy, then the Bible tells you how it's possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?