One Splash



I was at a friend's funeral recently. What a wonderful service of remembrance and celebration of life! Although he suffered in the last years, most of his life was dedicated to the Lord through vocational ministry. Thousands of people across Georgia and the U.S. have been touched by his life. He served faithfully. He gave humbly. He loved generously. He shared Jesus boldly.

It's at times like this that I begin to think about my life and the legacy I will leave. I wonder if I have made a difference or if my life has been just one selfish pursuit. Will people even have anything nice to say about me other than "he took some pretty good photos." Most importantly, I wonder if I'll hear the words "well done, good and faithful servant" or perhaps the opposite.. "why didn't you do more with what I entrusted to you?"

Looking at this picture I realize that even a tiny drop of water makes a pretty significant impact on its surroundings. It may be for a very short time, but isn't life kind of like that anyway? We make a splash and then the waters of time fill back in the place that we occupied. But we have also added to the volume of water in the puddle, pool, lake or ocean. It might not seem like much, but each of us adds something during our splash on this planet.

So, let's make that splash a good one. Let's decide together to make this world a better place because we were here. Let's consider eternal things of far more importance that the temporal ones. As we make our splash, let's get everyone else around us wet with the love, grace and goodness of God.

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. (Hebrews 13:6)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?