Are You On The Rails?


Sharon and I visited Blue Ridge, GA last Christmas and we discovered something interesting about it... the town revolves around the scenic railroad business. Soon after we arrived we heard the sound of a locomotive powering down the tracks toward town, full of passengers (and Santa). We also observed a freight train on tracks off to the side marked "Derailed."

I was thinking about this scenario last night. Both of these locomotives had the potential to be used; yet, one was and one was not. One was powering through the darkness with lights ablaze. The other stood silent -- no lights, no life, no power.

I couldn't help but reflect on my life and the potential I have to make a difference in the lives of others. I have all the physical "equipment" that I need to move on down the tracks. I even have the power source within me, God's Holy Spirit, to get me moving and shining His light. It seems to me then that it is MY CHOICE whether I want to serve according to His purpose or sit on the sidelines -- derailed from life -- and ignore God's plan.

I will choose to allow His power to move me, move others, and shine His light in a dark world. I pray the same for you. I've seen enough trains to know that when multiple locomotives are hitched together that they can work harder, go farther and pull a far greater load.

"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms." (Ephesian 1:18-20)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures