Life's Short - Explore More


Ever since I was I child I had a fascination with the world around me and dreamed of exploring our nation's natural wonders. I've been very fortunate to live out some of those dreams and have plans to keep traveling and exploring in the future, Lord willing.

The western U.S. desert lands have been on my bucket list for a long time and a recent vacation to Arizona and Utah has just given me an even greater desire to go back and explore further. This is a photo taken during a hike in Arches National Park. Folks, this is a world away from Georgia pine trees and red clay. I think my mouth was so dry all the time, not just because of the extreme heat, but because of all the jaw-dropping beauty I was constantly taking in.

I believe God created the world for us to enjoy. God did not make a universe of spinning rocks and a bunch of people with rocks spinning in their heads just to entertain Him. No, He made us to have fellowship/relationship with Him, and every plant, animal and mineral was designed for our enjoyment and use.

I am blessed to have a wife who enjoys my company and is willing to hit the road for a week or two at a time to explore our country's natural wonders. Life is short -- we plan to have more adventures while we can. 
And if you explore with spiritual eyes and not just physical ones, I believe you too will see the Creator in His creation and give glory and praise and honor that's due Him.

Colossians 1:16
For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him.



Arches National Park

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?