Mountains to Missions


In front of the treeline at the base of the mountains sits an old log cabin. It was built in the early 1820's by the first permanent white settlers to Cades Cove, John and Lucretia Oliver.

The dusty path takes you to the cabin where you can try to imagine living off the land and natural resources available almost 200 years ago. To be honest, most of us are too spoiled with today's conveniences to even come close to envisioning the reality of it.

If you didn't kill it, plant it, or pick it then you didn't eat that day. If you didn't cut it, stack it and seal it then you didn't sleep inside protective walls. The first ones in depended on their wits and strengths. The Olivers were also faithful believers in God. They were instrumental in starting the Cades Cove Baptist Church which later became the Primitive Baptist Church. Yes, even back then there were disagreements and a "split" concerning the funding of missions. Hence, the Missionary Baptist Church was organized just down the road.

As a Georgia Baptist missionary I am fully committed to the belief that we should be involved in missions work -- locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. I feel it's important to give financially and go intentionally while praying earnestly. Jesus told His disciples...

“All power in heaven and on earth is given to me. So go and make followers of all people in the world. Baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach them to obey everything that I have told you. You can be sure that I will be with you always. I will continue with you until the end of the world.” (Matthew 28:18-20)

I count myself among Christ's disciples/followers and I rest confidently in the fact that He is with me always. The message to GO was not a suggestion as many would want to think. There is a world of people who still have not heard the Good News of salvation. It is still our job to go and tell as well as equip others to do likewise.

That's why I write these words and post these pictures. I am on mission to tell the world that Jesus loves them and desires a personal relationship with them. Jesus loves you too. Won't you embrace Him as He reaches out to you even now? Let me know if I can share more with you. I would love to.

~Bryan Nowak
www.onmissionphotography.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?