To Stand in Awe


After visiting the Grand Canyon,  you try to find words to describe what you saw, but they just fall short. It's a sight too grand for words. You just stand there speechless... just breathing... taking in as much as possible... in awe.

That's the way we ought to approach the Creator who is far greater than His creation -- God Almighty. In fear, reverence, awe... speechless, breathless.

This scene brings to mind the song "I Stand in Awe of You."

You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp your infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depth of your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above

And I stand, I stand in awe of you
I stand, I stand in awe of you
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of you


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?