Let the Restoration Begin


As surely as I am getting older, things around me are showing their age and vulnerability to time as well. This old homestead is a prime example of that. Still, I love the design and its charm.

Wouldn't this be a great fixer-upper? Sometimes our lives may resemble this old house, but God is in the restoration business.

The Psalmist wrote, "Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?" (Psalm 85:6)

And God's answer to this question is "Yes" ...but revival begins with our heart's desire for it.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

WHAT WE MUST DO:
1. Forsake pride/arrogance and humbly approach God.
2. Pray earnestly/urgently
3. Seek the face of God (to know Him intimately)
4. Turn/repent from wickedness/sin... and don't look back

WHAT GOD WILL DO:
1. Hear us
2. Forgive us
3. Heal us / restore us

God is ready. Are you? You can't pray, seek God and repent unless you are first willing to humble yourself. They say all great revivals began with people who prayed. But I would argue that the ones praying first acknowledged their total dependence on God. 


Revival is a God thing; not a people thing. You can't manufacture it with songs, preaching, money or good works. Revival begins in the heart. Let's turn our hearts to God and see what only He can do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?