What Are You Made Of?



You can probably tell that I like photographing barns. They come in all shapes and sizes, and they also are constructed of many different materials. I've seen log barns, rock barns, as well as those covered in wood boards, sheet metal, plywood and assortments of the three all at once. The substance(s) from which they are made may depend on its purpose, location or material available at the time.

I too was made for a purpose and my Builder did not skimp on materials when He designed me.

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. (Job 33:4)

I may be flesh and blood, but I am also soul and spirit. I am being made for His glory and praise. Yes, I am a work in progress but my character is being shaped more and more each day to take on the appearance of Christ Jesus. Not that I will ever attain perfection in this life, but one day I will be like Him.

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. (1 John 3:2)

When people look at you, do they see a patchwork of scrap materials that you pieced together without a clear purpose in its design, or do they see the Master Architect who took something previously broken and made it beautiful inside and out?

I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:14) 


SHEET METAL BARN
Daniel Farm
Bellville, GA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?