Little River Revival


There's just something about sitting beside a rushing, rolling, gurgling river in the Great Smoky Mountains that revives and relaxes a soul. But why?

"These slow, whooshing noises are the sounds of non-threats, which is why they work to calm people," said Orfeu Buxton, an associate professor of biobehavioral health at Pennsylvania State University. "It's like they're saying: 'Don't worry, don't worry, don't worry.'"

Well, we can't always be camped out beside the Little River, so how do you find peace and rest in this busy world?

The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” (Exodus 33:14)
 

Jesus said, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29)

Trust in the Lord, for He is with you and He can guide and provide rest for a weary mind, soul and body and bring revival to your spirit. And don't worry, don't worry, don't worry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?