Morning Glory


I arose at 3:30 AM because I was determined to see the Milky Way from just south of Waycross, GA near the Okefenokee Swamp. This location has recently been designated as an International Dark Sky Area. I didn't head as far south as I needed to because of the 1.5 hour drive required, so there was still the influence of light on the horizon.

Nevertheless, as I parked in a pullout area, turned off the car headlights and allowed my eyes to focus on the sky, I not only saw thousands of stars but I experienced God's creation declaring His glory across the heavens. It was easy for me to imagine how the Psalmist could pen the following:

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. (Psalm 19:1)

The Milky Way Galaxy was named for its appearance as a milky band of light in the sky. It contains between 100 and 400 billion stars and at least 100 billion planets. The Milky Way may also contain perhaps 10 billion white dwarfs, a billion neutron stars, and 100 million black holes. 

AND, the Milky Way Galaxy is just one of billions of other galaxies in the universe. WOW! What a great and powerful God we serve that can make all that from nothing with just the spoken word. Looking into this night sky I was reassured that NOTHING is impossible for God.

Praise him, sun and moon; praise him, all you shining stars. (Psalm 148:3) 

The sun, moon and stars praise God day and night by shining brightly for Him and so should we. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?