Shadows


Shadows can be a scary thing to a child. They are very dark and can exaggerate the dimensions of an object to monstrous sizes.

I have not always been a fan of shadows either, particularly when photographing people or landscapes but have now learned the importance of them for contrast, mood and depth.

One thing I know for sure is that there are no shadows unless there is a light source. When my eyes are fixed on dark, scary things, it is a good time to remember that the Light of the World (Jesus) is there to drive the shadows away.

In fact, it might be the Lord who is casting those shadows before me as a reminder that He is there for me because in the shadow of God's "wings" is:

RELATIONSHIP - Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings. (Psalm 17:8)

REFUGE - How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. (Psalm 36:7)

REJOICING - Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. (Psalm 63:7)

REST - Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 91:1)

Next time you see a shadow, be reminded of God's continual presence, protection and peace.

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” (Deuteronomy 31:8)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?