Learning and Growing


A few years ago I acquired a book entitled "Experimental Digital Photography." I learned that it was pretty much okay and even encouraged to take really bad and blurry photos. Of course, I thought that was completely ridiculous. HOWEVER, I do enjoy doing a little vertical tilt of the camera while photographing trees to get this really cool effect. And before you judge me, I learned this from some top pros in nature photography.

If you are a photographer or wannabe photographer, I want to encourage you today to try new things. You CAN learn and SHOULD experiment with new techniques so that you have a variety of tools in your "camera bag" in case you ever need it -- or just for fun.

As you develop your photography skills, do not neglect the greater and more significant area of growth we should ALL pursue.

The Apostle Paul wrote...

Live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God. (Colossians 1:10)

As I listen to the news and shake my head at all the people identified as having made inappropriate and repeated sexual advances toward others, I realize how Christians need (more than ever) to live a life worthy of our Lord; pleasing Him with a life of humility, integrity, purity, service and love...while growing more intimately close to our Father through studying His Word. 


Growing in a skill or hobby can be valuable but growing in your spiritual walk with God and living it out before others is priceless.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?