Journeys


Sometimes we get so caught up in the destination that we fail to enjoy the journey. And how many times have we arrived at our "dream" destination just to be a little disappointed?

It is true with vacation trips, but it is also true of life in general. My advice: take time to smell the roses, stop and take lots of pictures, and enjoy the sights, smells, sounds and textures that accompany the journey.

I say all that, yet this photo was taken through my car window as I drove down the road. Why did I do that? Well, if I had not then it is very likely that I would have lost this memory. It's nothing truly significant, but it did make an impression on me at the time.

Ecclesiastes 9:9 reads, "Life is short, and you love your wife, so enjoy being with her. This is what you are supposed to do..."

So, that's exactly what I am doing! Every day, every moment, every adventure together, I am enjoying my life's journey and taking lots of pictures with Sharon. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?