Son Bathed


“No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”
Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”
“Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!” 

~John 13:8-9

Peter, one of the twelve disciples, did not want Jesus washing His feet. Jesus was doing so in order to demonstrate how we ought to serve one another. I love Peter's response when Jesus told Him that if he did not receive this humble act then he had no part with him. Peter said, "not just my feet but my hands and feet as well!"

Peter considered himself ALL IN with Jesus. Yes, it would not be but a few hours before he would verbally betray Christ, but Simon Peter more than made up for it with the life and testimony he lived following Jesus' resurrection.

Like the sun shining down on the Appalachian Mountains pictured here, Peter desired to be "Son bathed." He wanted to be clean all over... submerged in His forgiveness, whole, purified, taking on and reflecting the light of Jesus Christ.

What about you?

Foothills Parkway
Cosby, TN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?