New Every Morning


Sometimes my day brings unexpected stress and burdens that go with me into the night. It might be related to family, friends, work or personal concerns. At least twice in the Bible we are told how to handle this but my human nature has a hard time releasing even that which I have no power to change.

Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken. ~Psalm 55:22

Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you. ~1 Peter 5:7


I know I'm not the only one like this and that many of you reading this post feel the intermittent or constant weightiness of physical, emotional and financial strain. For many, each new day brings a new set of woes for which you have no immediate answers or relief.

The prophet Jeremiah understood your pain. He too suffered much. He is known in the Bible as the weeping prophet and he even wrote a book called Lamentations (meaning, to express sorrow or grief). However, in those times of affliction, wandering, and bitterness he recalled a powerful promise from God.

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.

They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.” 
~Lamentations 3:19-24

Yes, the new day may bring a new set of trials and tribulations but God is also there with His unfailing love, faithfulness and compassion. If the Lord is your portion (all you have and all you need), then even if all is stripped away HE WILL STILL BE ENOUGH. Therefore, wait on Him to deliver you out of your days of bondage and distress -- for He cares for you immeasurably!

Oconaluftee Valley Overlook
Great Smoky Mountains

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?