Watching Whales Fly


Like a kid in the candy store... that was me on 2018's summer vacation trip to San Antonio's Sea World. It had been 25+ years since I had been to the one in Orlando, FL and I was excited to see all the shows, but especially the killer whales. And if there's any question as to whether I captured any whale stunts then see below.

It's natural to be excited about seeing a 10,000 sea creature do aerial somersaults. It is also expected that one would be emotionally connected to a favorite college or professional sports organization and be shouting wildly when the team wins. The one thing that people have a hard time understanding is the excitement a believer feels for the Lord Jesus Christ. I mean, how can someone get zealous about a Bible story figure that walked the earth over 2000 years ago?

Well, the reason is because this Bible story character is not dead and buried. He is not merely a man. He is not far away in some distant galaxy. No, Jesus is alive and well. He is the Son of God. He IS God. He is actively participating in my life as my Savior, Sustainer, Mediator and Friend. He has put His Holy Spirit in me to guide me, teach me, correct me, comfort me and seal me for eternity. My life is incomplete without Him and His grace, mercy, forgiveness and acceptance is exceptionally more than I deserve.

Yes, I am excited, enthusiastic, and over-the-top grateful for my relationship with Jesus. So, if you wonder why I choose to let you know about Him so much, it's because I want you to have a reason to be excited too. And if you are already a believer then I want to encourage you with the following:

Romans 12:11
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

It's incredible to watch killer whales fly for a split second. It's utterly amazing to be a child of God forever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?