To Be Still and Know



The morning mist danced upon the waters as the sun rose this morning over Lake Louise in Toccoa, GA. The sky was painted with shades of orange, red, yellow and Georgia peach (of course) as darkness gave way to light. 

There was stillness in the air...not even a hint of wind. Branches from a partially submerged log poked through the calm, reflective waters. God was there and I was attentive in my quiet peace.

In that moment I recalled the Lord's words to "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10)

If you are not hearing Him, then you may possibly be too busy, or more concerned about lifting yourself up rather than exalting God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?