Gracefully Living and Dying


Some may look at this scene and just see an old, dead tree. But I see beauty in the twisted, gnarled, hard wood of this desert plant. In its prime it had a whole different "personality" which may have provided a resting place or a nesting place for animals. In its decay it will provide nutrients back into the parched ground.

One of the things I realize as I age is that God has a unique purpose for me even if I stand alone in the wilderness -- unnoticed by the crowd. Perhaps, through His providential plan, I will make a positive difference in someone's journey while I am yet in my prime, but I pray that the influence will go on even after the life inside of me has departed.

So while I can, I want others to share in the beauty I see as I photograph the masterpieces of God's creation. And even if there is no fame, there is still One who knows my name... and that's more than enough for me.


[Jesus said] "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16)


Arches National Park

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?