Unfinished




While in the sunflower fields last year I was drawn so many times to the plants that were still in the process of opening. Yes, I considered them beautiful in their own right, but yet they had not fulfilled their full potential.

Maybe I was drawn to them because they reminded me of myself. Of one thing I am certain and it's that God is not finished with me yet -- I am a work in progress.

Ephesians 2:10 reads, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

Being who God created me to be is my lifelong goal and it won't be until after I've passed beyond this life that His creation (me) will be complete. Until then, I may appear a bit "unfinished" but rest assured that I am fine with that as long as I keep opening up to be who God wants me to be.


Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you (and me) will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?