Let the Wise Listen


This spot along Newfound Gap Road near Oconaluftee has always been a magnet for me. In autumn I am particularly drawn to the colors of the overhanging branches and swift flowing water. This, by the way, is the spot where I broke my arm several years ago as Tropical Storm Sandy made her presence known in the Park. You can believe that I do not hop on rocks the way I used to, but I will still get a shot (if only from a little higher than stream level).


Because of that experience in particular, I am much more aware of the ground underneath my feet. I will not admit to always having steady footing, but each step is much more deliberate around wet, rocky surfaces.

Proverbs 1:5 exclaims, "let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance."

I listen a lot more closely to both Sharon and that inner voice of caution nowadays, and will even turn away from a desired photo just because I know it might lead to another fall.

I have learned over the years that this is true in my spiritual walk as well. It is so easy to fall because there is so much to stumble over in this wicked and sin-filled world. When I listen to the Lord rather than others or even my own conscience, I know that my feet will have a sure foundation on which to walk.

Great Smoky Mountains

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?