Reminders


This one image is a compilation of six photos taken at various exposures combined using HDRSoft's Photomatix Pro.

Ideally I would prefer not to see those light bubble flares but I kind of like it with this shot. I hope it's not too distracting. It was a nice end to the evening as we watched the sun set on the horizon between Grandmother and Grandfather Mountains in North Carolina.

As I look back on vacation's past, I am grateful that it's not all about photography (yes, I said that) but it's about the experiences that Sharon and I have along the way. Photography is just a method to capture and re-live those moments. What makes photography so special is that we were there! We were living it. This is not someone else's memory. It was ours.

Thank you Jesus for giving us glimpses of your radiance each day with the rising and setting of the sun, and every moment in between and following. Thank you for being the Rock that is my firm foundation in life. Thank you for being the Mountain that I can escape to for solitude. Thank you for being the Light that shows me the way even when darkness encroaches. Thank you for the reminders all around me of your presence and faithfulness. Amen.

SUNSET ACROSS THE VALLEY
From The Blowing Rock
Blowing Rock, NC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?