The Trail Begins with a Bridge


The Chimney Tops Trail is very popular in the Great Smoky Mountains. Vehicles line the road and fill the parking area near its trail head almost every day of the year. If it were not for this bridge at the beginning then most would never even begin the ascend to the top of the mountain.

There is a bridge I crossed 50+ years ago that began what I consider an extraordinary ascent as well. I crossed over the bridge from death to life (spiritually speaking) when I gave my heart to Jesus. The mountaintop journey I am taking to heaven began with that one crucial crossing. It did not cost me anything because the One who built it did so with His own life -- Jesus paid it all on Calvary making eternal life available to me... and you!

There are many hazards along life's journey but I know that God, who by grace has brought me this far, will continue with me to the end. Some of Jesus' very last words to His disciples are the same that encourage me to keep hiking onward and upward -- "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:20b)

Have you crossed that spiritual bridge yet? You cannot even begin life's most amazing journey available without first receiving Jesus as Savior and following His as Lord. And His Word, the Bible, is the best trail guide ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?