What's In A Name?


The Wormy Chestnut... a name like that makes you want to instantly turn off the road and go shopping, doesn't it? NOT!

I must admit that it caught this photographer's eye on the Blue Ridge Parkway but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to venture inside (although I'm not sure it's even still open).

Names mean something. Proverbs 22:1 says "A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold."

When someone hears the name Bryan Nowak I certainly don't want negative thoughts to appear in their head. I want them to think about the grace of God on my life and the joy of my salvation that I share through photography.

Solomon, the writer of Proverbs, was saying that it's better to be poor with a good reputation than rich with a bad reputation. To be thought of highly for one's godly and righteous character is more valuable than gold.

Too often I hear the name of the Lord used in vain or flippantly (with little or no respect). The God Almighty, Creator of the universe, Sovereign Lord and glorious Savior deserves only the highest glory and honor. His name was once so revered that the Jewish people would not even whisper it.

Psalm 29:2 reminds us, "Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness."

Don't be a Wormy Chestnut, but instead make Jesus proud of the name you wear if you are a believer -- "Christian" or little Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?