A Place of Rest-oration


It was wet early this Fall morning but the weather would soon change and this waterlogged picnic area would be filled with tourists and locals enjoying a delightful autumn day in the Smokies. For now it was a prime photo opportunity for me.

I hope you're taking time to picnic, play and rest. If all you do is work then you are cheating yourself and your loved ones of the quality time needed to refresh and restore. Rest is an important part of a healthy life.

King David knew where to find rest and hope.

Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him. (Psalm 62:5)

Jesus promises rest to those who are weary, weak and worried.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

Jesus even encouraged His disciples to get away to a quiet place where they could find rest physically and spiritually.

“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” (Mark 6:31)

Need rest? It's only a prayer away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?