Where the Road Leads


For many of you this scene is very familiar from internet posts. For others, you've traveled it countless times and in your mind you can easily travel around this curve and into the next scene and the next because you know each foot of those Cades Cove Loop Road 11 miles intimately.

I don't know about you but my heart still beats rapidly with excitement and anticipation for what may lie around the next bend or over the next hill. I can honestly say this is also true of my faith journey. While walking with Jesus is familiar territory, I am in constant awe of what God has in store for me around every curve and over every hill. There's nothing boring about my relationship with Jesus and He keeps my heart pounding for more.

I truly have no idea where my faith journey will lead in this life -- I only know of my final destination... and I know who will be with me all along the way.

In Matthew 1:23 we read of an angel's proclamation to Joseph.

“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us)."

Immanuel (God with us) is Jesus, and He is still with us today. He is not only BEside you but He also resides INside you. Similar comforting words as told to Joseph were proclaimed to Jesus' followers as they were given their commission to make disciples of the whole world... "And behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

Where does this faith road lead? I'll tell you tomorrow and the next day and the next as Jesus prepares and navigates the way. I may get off-road and off-track every now and then, but He is the One Way road that I am drawn back to every time. 


Cades Cove
Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?