In the Color and the Clouds


It had been raining all morning in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. As noon approached, the thick layer of clouds began to break and autumn color became visible in the ridges. It was a beautiful sight, although still dimly lit and only partly visible.

I was thinking this evening about a friend who was grieving the loss of his precious wife and how difficult it must have been to keep from asking God "Why me" or "Why her" and "Why now?" Can I let you in on something? It's okay to ask God those questions.

Then the following verse came to mind:

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

I am probably taking this way out of context but the Lord spoke to my heart saying, "You don't see everything clearly now. You rejoice in the color and you despair in the clouds, but one day you'll understand everything completely. I know you better than you know yourself and I have your best interest in mind. You are MY CHILD and I love you. When you look back on this moment in the future, you'll see my hand and my heart in both the color and the clouds."

It's alright if you don't have all the answers. You aren't supposed to. We can only see dimly right now. Faith requires trusting God's heart even when you can't see His hand. Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

Walk in faith even when journeying through colorless clouds. Then you will begin to see more clearly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?