My Rock and Refuge


Bluemont Presbyterian Church is an historic Presbyterian church located near Fancy Gap, Virginia. It is one of the "six rock churches" founded by Bob Childress. It was built originally in 1920 as a small wood frame building. It features a Gothic style hexagonal bell tower. The natural quartz and quartzite stone facing was added to the frame building in 1946.

Bluemont Presbyterian Church is the largest of the six rock churches. Bluemont derives its name from the abbreviation of the words Blue and Mountain for the Blue Ridge Mountains where it is located. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007. 


My name is listed on a "register" too. It was included in the Lamb's Book of Life in 1968 when I received the Rock of salvation (Jesus) into my heart and life. And that's way better than a National Historic Register any day!

2 Samuel 22:3
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my Savior. 



Blue Ridge Parkway (Milepost 189)
Bluemont Presbyterian Church
47 Bluemont Ln, Hillsville, VA 24343

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?