A New Perspective


I've taken bookoodles of photos of this gate in Cades Cove. For those who are not familiar with that term, it means a WHOLE LOT! I was determined to shoot it from a new angle this time though... with a different perspective, with fresh eyes... and I think I did just that. And you know what? I like it!

"Familiar" is good, but sometimes "new" is better. When I think about God's mercies and love toward me, I am so grateful that they are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness to me even when I am less than faithful to Him.

Lamentations 3:22-24
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”

Yes, because of God's intense, abiding, resolute, unyielding love for me He heaps bookoodles of mercies in my direction -- not because I deserve it but because of the kind grace with which He looks upon me, His child.

Isn't it time to take a fresh new look at how good God is? You may not have all you want but you certainly are not getting all you deserve either. We deserve punishment for our sinful ways, but as His children we receive forgiveness, patience, and unmerited favor. Look around with this new perspective -- I think you'll like what you see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?