All Roads Lead to God, but...


The city of Atlanta is known for its terrible traffic congestion. Interstates I-20, I-75 and I-85 all cross through the center of town then head out again in various directions. There is also the I-285 Raceway that encircles the city and countless other highways and roads named Peachtree that are utilized daily by the five million people living in the metro area. 

While not ALL roads lead to Georgia's capital city, ALL roads do lead to God where all men and women from all of time will praise God and acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord. And when I say roads I refer to all religions, all faiths, all cults, all denominations, etc. Now before you stone me for being a heretic, please hear me out as we look into what the Bible says about this. 

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11)

Now for the caveat. While all men, women, boys and girls will stand before God and recognize Him for who He truly is, not all will enter heaven. All will be judged and God's justice is right.

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.  Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.' "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.'" (Matthew 25:31-34, 41)

How can you be assured that you are not among the goats?

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

How do you know if you are saved? You hear the shepherd's voice and you follow Him.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. (John 10:27)

Yes, all roads lead to God but Jesus is the ONLY way to eternal life in heaven.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

Are you on the right road?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?