Run for the Prize


Brothers and sisters, I know that I have not yet reached that goal, but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and straining toward what is ahead, I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God called me to the life above through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14)

Friends, I am constantly distracted by the things of this world that try to steal my attention away from what is most important. Sure, there are a lot of GOOD things that I could spend my time on, but there is also a BEST that I might be missing as a result.

Loving God and loving people should be the priority of our lives. Rather than focusing on the latest Hollywood or political scandal, we ought to be seeking ways to bless God and be a blessing to others. While work may be a necessity for survival, it should not unnecessarily steal precious time away from those who really matter.

God has a purpose and a plan for each of our lives. If you are only living for yourself or only for someone else then you are missing out on the greatest joy in life now and in the life hereafter.

Forget about past mistakes as well as past successes. Put all that behind you. Serve passionately, love genuinely and live for today like there is no tomorrow, running/straining for the heavenly goal put before you for the glory of God through the power of Jesus Christ.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?