Grow Where You're Planted


Out of a rock flowers grow, bloom and reproduce. A man or woman did not plant this here. It is growing naturally. God made it possible for this flower to withstand the frigid Rocky Mountain winters and thrive in shallow, rocky soil.

You too can bloom where you are planted. True story... I used to live and work in Memphis, Tennessee and went to the Atlanta, Georgia area on a few occasions for equipment training. I did not like it there. The traffic was horrible. I wrecked my car. I did not know anyone. I swore that I would NEVER move to Atlanta. Long story short... I have now lived in the Atlanta area for the past 24 years.


Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. (Proverbs 19:21)

First take from this -- never say never. Second take from this - I believe God prepares you for the places where He plants you. I worked in a secular job but God was preparing me for a place of ministry in Georgia. I didn't move because I wanted to but because the Florida job I had came to an end and I needed work. It was years later that I realized God orchestrated it all so that I could serve Him in the career and capacity that I do now. So rather than complain or try to find a way out, why don't you try blooming where you are for His glory. He probably has you there for a purpose.

Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)

You can trust God. He is looking out for you.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?