Heaven's Light


The northern lights, or Aurora Borealis, offer an entrancing, dramatic, magical display that leaves a person speechless and in awe. It is a natural phenomenon that is created when particles escape from dark, cooler regions on the sun's surface, hurling particles of plasma, known as solar wind, into space. It takes these winds around 40 hours to reach Earth. When they do, they can cause these dramatic light displays.

In full disclosure, I am still waiting to see this spectacle in person. The silhouette of the Moab desert region is mine, taken in the summer of 2017, but the heavenly light display was added using editing software. 
Nevertheless, I have experienced the Light that shines brightly in darkness -- Jesus.

When Jesus spoke to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. (John 8:12)

And because I have received the light of his salvation, I do not face this dark and troublesome world with fear. 

The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? (Psalm 27:1a)

Won't you let the solar wind of the Son's Spirit light you up with a holy glow that leaves you speechless and others in awe of the change seen in your life because of his impact on you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?