A Change of Plans



Many of you know that over the last three or four years I have been plagued with vocal chord issues that pretty much keep me out of the preaching circuit and from leading worship. However, by God's grace or perhaps His providence He has given me what I believe is an even greater platform from which to testify of His amazing power, plan and purpose.

Photography is now my pulpit from which Christ is proclaimed and receives all praise. I don't need a congregation or a building to click a pic and post. My audience is unlimited if God chooses to open greater doors of opportunity for a Gospel witness of this kind. But I am sincerely humbled to be able to share daily right now with you. We did not meet on Facebook by accident. We were brought together to learn from and encourage one another through this life.

I'm learning that as I go through struggles, it is often hard to see God's master design, but I am honored that He rerouted my passions so that I can make much of Him using only a camera and a Bible. Where once I wanted to make a name for myself, I now only want to faithfully spread His name among the kingdoms and nations of this world so that others come to know the same loving Savior that died for me and now lives in me.

More of Him. Less of me! Yes, I want to be like John the Baptist where he proclaimed, "No one can receive anything unless God gives it from heaven. You yourselves know how plainly I told you, ‘I am not the Messiah. I am only here to prepare the way for him.’ It is the bridegroom who marries the bride, and the bridegroom’s friend is simply glad to stand with him and hear his vows. Therefore, I am filled with joy at His (Jesus') success. He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less." (John 3:27-30)

Won't you join me in a "camera crusade" to bring light (photo) to a dark world?

[Note: My beautiful wife, Sharon, took this photo as I was standing on a wall along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I am so grateful to have her as a life partner, best friend, fellow photographer, and co-missionary serving the Lord.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?