When the Lights Come On



I rarely photograph the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge during the day. There's just something mesmerizing about shooting a long exposure image of the water cascading over the dam with the lights reflecting in the water. The mill just seems to exude new life and character at night.

I don't know about you but I am drawn to the historic structures that remind us of decades long gone. I am thrilled when people care enough to maintain and/or restore them for present and future generations.

I believe giving the next generation something tangible to experience of the past is vital. I believe that consistently living out our lives for the Lord today in front of this generation of young people is vital to raising up strong adults who will continue a faith journey which will lead future generations to the Lord too.

But here's my concern... what was spoken of concerning the Israelite nation in Judges 2:10 is far too real in today's American society as well.

"And all that generation also were gathered to their fathers (they died). And there arose another generation after them who did not know the Lord or the work that He had done for Israel."

Keeping the Biblical story real and authentic before our children and young adults is the only way America will keep from sinking into utter despair, separated from God, for lack of knowing Him or the works that He has done for us as individuals and a nation.

We cannot neglect to promote, share and tell about the Good News of salvation available through Jesus Christ alone. For if we do stop, when the night comes there will be few lights left to shine and reflect in the waters of time as they quickly rush by. We are always just one generation away from living in desperate darkness and staggering lostness. That is why I share my photography as I do. There is a lot at stake and I won't go down without giving it my all. Just as the stars proclaim His glory in the darkness, so shall I do likewise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?