Grace Flows Down


There is a song I love singing by the Passion Worship Band called Grace Flows Down. The lyrics are very simple:

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound

Amazing love now flowing down
From hands and feet that were nailed to the tree
As Grace flows down and covers me
It covers me. It covers me.
It covers me. And covers me.

What is grace? It is more than a prayer spoken before you eat a meal. Grace has been defined as unmerited favor. Grace is God choosing to bless us rather than curse us as our sin deserves. It is His benevolence to the undeserving.

How can God be so kind? Because of Jesus. His blood shed at Calvary flowed down that cross, providing us the way to forgiveness and accessibility to God the Father. Just as the water in this picture flows freely down these rocks, the grace of God flows freely to all who receive Christ as Lord.

The Apostle Paul writes that we "are justified (made right) by his grace as a gift, through the redemption (price paid) that is in Christ Jesus."

The writer of the book of Hebrews says, "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

I am here to tell you that I have been to the throne of grace for help a lot these last couple of weeks -- more so than normal (which I am ashamed to admit). And God has freely provided His unmerited favor and benevolence in unbelievable ways. His grace is more than sufficient. His grace is amazing. His grace is enough. And it covers me.

Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail
Great Smoky Mountains

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?