Who is Holding Your Rope?


In my younger days I enjoyed rock climbing (yes, that is actually me). This is a route in Toccoa, GA called "All I Wanted Was a Pepsi." It takes a lot of faith to climb 100 feet up the side of a cliff. It takes faith in your own skills but even more so in the one who is your belay (French word for "guy holding your safety rope.")

I recently had a discussion with a perso
n who told me that "faith is all you need." He went on to say that it made no difference in what or whom you placed your faith, but that faith alone was what will pull you through life.

Well, I do agree that faith alone is all the Bible says is required for salvation, but the object of one's faith is where I strongly differ. For I can have all the faith in the world in my own abilities, on a friend or spouse, in my possessions or my employer but none of that will carry me on into eternity with God in heaven.

It is Christ alone who has the power to save. It is faith alone in His work on Calvary's cross that brings forgiveness. It is confidence that He was raised from the dead that gives me hope in a life hereafter with Him in glory.

In Ephesians 2:8 we read, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." And speaking of Jesus in Acts 4:12 we read, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

Yes, faith alone will save you, but the object of your faith means the difference between life and death / heaven and hell.

Who is holding your rope?

Currahee Mountain

Toccoa, GA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?