Up Around the Bend


There's a place up ahead and I'm goin'
just as fast as my feet can fly
Come away, come away if you're goin',
leave the sinkin' ship behind.
Come on the risin' wind,
we're goin' up around the bend.

If you are or ever were a fan of Credence Clearwater Revival, you'll remember those lyrics written and sung by John Fogerty.

I certainly won't begin to tell you what was in the mind of this singer/song writer as he penned these lyrics but I can relate to the fact that this old world often feels like a sinking ship and I am ready to leave it all behind for what lies up around the bend.

But, the fact is that I still live here on earth. So how do I live in the meantime knowing that Jesus will be returning again or I will be going to meet Him first? Peter answers that question in 2 Peter 3:11-18.

  • Live holy and godly lives (v.11)
  • Be found spotless, blameless (v14)
  • Be at peace with God (v.14)
  • Tell others the gospel story of salvation (v.15)
  • Be on your guard against sinful behavior (v.17)
  • Grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ Jesus (v.18)
There's a place up ahead and I'm goin'...
but until then I'll be sowin'
seeds of the gospel story
for Jesus and all of His glory.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?