I Once Was Blind But Now I See


There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death. (Proverbs 14:12)

It's amazing how many people are walking around with eyes wide open, yet they are blind -- walking in complete darkness -- confident that THEIR WAY is right, yet the path they follow leads to a destructive end.

There is only ONE WAY that leads to life and hope and peace and eternal joy. And the One who claimed to be The Way is also The Light that will guide us through this journey.

[God said] "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." (Isaiah 42:16)

John Newton, English poet and Anglican clergyman, penned the words of the song we now know as Amazing grace in 1773. It may be one of the most recognizable tunes of all time, and its words are indeed timeless and true.
 

Amazing Grace! how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind but now I see


Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” (John 8:12)


Jesus is still opening blind eyes if you follow Him, and He will lead you out of darkness into the light of life.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?