Soul Thirst


Confluence: a flowing together of two or more streams, rivers, or the like.

In this case, it is the merging of Middle Prong Little Pigeon River and Porters Creek along Greenbrier Road in the Great Smoky Mountains. It's a beautiful place year round, and I can hardly remember a trip to the Smokies when I didn't come by this spot just to take it in (and shoot a few pics, of course).

It's a refreshing sight to see and soothing music to my ears. Whether robed in fall color, adorned with summer ferns, spring flowers or winter's snow, it is beautiful. Honestly, I hunger and thirst for this type of refreshment when life's busyness leaves me dry. I just need to sit and soak it in to be revived.

There is another place I go to find refreshment for my soul... and that is to the Lord. He is the living water which never runs dry and which satisfies a life thirsty for meaning and purpose. I don't have to drive three hours to see Him either -- He's always there!

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. (Psalm 42:1)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?