Light at the End


We've all heard the phrase "light at the end of the tunnel." The Cambridge Dictionary defines it as signs of improvement in a situation that has been bad for a long time, or signs that a long and difficult piece of work is almost finished.

I have been thinking about difficult life situations that many friends have gone through or are going through right now. My wife and I are not unfamiliar with tunnels either. The thing that separates those who face life's trials with negativity, despair and darkness versus positivity, hope and light is a little thing called faith. Now, before you get on my cast because I used the word "little" with regard to faith, let me remind you of Jesus' words.

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20)

Now let me ask you a question with regard to what Jesus said... how much faith do YOU have in comparison to that mustard seed (about 1-2mm in diameter)? Do you believe that God's got your back and with Him NOTHING will be impossible?

I believe God can do ALL things. He created the entire universe just by speaking it into being. He's ALL powerful. Why couldn't he lift your burdens, fix your finances, heal your illness, restore your marriage, break those chains of addiction? He can... but do you have faith that He will?

I am not a name-it-and-claim-it guy by any means. I realize that my heart's desire must align with God's perfect will. But, of one thing I am certain -- God has a master plan that we are a part of and we may not understand it, we may not even like it, but we can obediently trust His hand through it. And that requires faith! History is HIS-tory and not mine.

What happens in my life is for His glory and not mine. If by faith God moves those mountains then praise be to God. If God chooses to leave those mountains right where they are then by faith I accept it and trust His purpose and His plan.

Whether in this life or the life to come, I believe with all my heart that there is light at the end of each and every tunnel for God's children... and Jesus is that Light. 


Watson Mill Covered Bridge
Comer, GA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?