Seeing Right Through


Typically I do not like to photograph a building straight-on like this. Generally the structure will lack a sense of depth and dimension as a result. However, I liked that the two open doors allowed me to see all the way through from front to back, and there were enough foreground lines and background scenery to keep it interesting.

This photo also brings to mind a sense of vulnerability as anyone can clearly see into and through this home. I believe God wants us to be like this house where the doors to our heart are wide open, and who we are on the inside is clearly revealed to the outside world.

A year ago, a woman who I've never met accused me openly on Facebook of being a fake Christian. I have no idea where that came from but I was blocked from her page so that I could neither see nor respond to the post. I will admit that I've made my share of blunders and will continue to either say or do the wrong thing at times, but my spirit ached to know that someone considered me less than honest about my relationship with Christ. I do not ever want to misrepresent Whose I am; I am a child of God.

I'm far from perfect, but I truly desire to live in such a way that pleases God, my heavenly Father. To that end, the Bible tells us to:

Open wide your hearts...
~2 Corinthian 6:13

Be completely humble and gentle;
be patient, bearing with one another in love.

~Ephesians 4:2

When people look at me, I pray they will see right through me and find Jesus... and that those doors of vulnerability remain open as I continue to mature in my faith journey. And please forgive me when I misrepresent Christ in word or deed -- God is still working on me.

John Oliver Cabin
Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?