When Rivers Rise, Head to Higher Ground


For the most part, the rivers and streams in the Smokies are flowing gently downhill with the occasional rapids, cascades and waterfalls but when the skies open up and the rain falls hard it's a completely different story. The sound of rushing water fills the valleys and dirt, rocks, trees, and debris are heaved out of the way or carried downstream. The beauty gives way to a beast!

Fortunately, life gives us more calm than flood, but where do you escape when things are bad? Where do you go to find refuge and help? Well, I personally run to higher ground where God is waiting for me. The Bible tells us...

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. ~Psalm 46:1

But not only is God there for me when times are bad, He is also with me constantly -- giving me what I need to make it through each day.

Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. ~Psalm 54:4

Why does God offer ME help? The same reason He is there for you too -- because He loves us!

Help me, Lord my God; save me according to your unfailing love. ~Psalm 109:26

And God's help is always just a prayer away.

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. ~Hebrews 4:16 


Little Pigeon River
Greenbrier, Great Smoky Mountains

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?