Breathless Path


The gradual climb up this path on one of Rocky Mountain's peaks looked easy enough, but I didn't take into consideration the altitude's effect on my health and endurance. The view from on top at 11,000+ feet was amazing, but I was dizzy and nearly breathless at the time so I could not appreciate it like I could have if it had been only a mile high, for instance.

I chose this path. I did not have to take it. I assumed the reward would outweigh the cost. But isn't this just like so many other choices we make in life? One of the most important choices each of us has to make is who we will serve. The answer is pretty simple -- yourself, other people, other gods (literally and figuratively) or God Almighty.

In the Bible, Joshua made the following statement to the people of Israel: "If serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve... But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” ~Joshua 24:15

If I am going to be breathless, I want it to be because I am on God's chosen path for my life, walking with Him and living in awe of His mighty power and presence.

Rocky Mountain National Park
Trail Ridge Road

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?