My Corona


It was my joy to experience and photograph the total solar eclipse on August 21, 2107. I watched through a very heavy filter designed for looking at the sun. The large yellow ball in the sky slowly but surely began to be covered by the full moon. It grew darker and then the most amazing sight I have ever seen appeared in the sky!

My glasses and filter came off as I watched the sun's corona shine brilliantly from the edges of the moon. I was transfixed in awe... speechless.

I think there is something very valuable to be learned from what I saw that day. We all know the significant influence that the sun has in all it's burning glory -- heat, light, energy, etc. But the impact the sun had on it's surroundings continued to extend out into the universe even when the core was hidden from our sight. And I can attest to the extraordinary affect it had on me physically, spiritually and emotionally as I watched that light pulse gloriously in the darkness.

That's the way we ought to live -- yes, in such a way that even when we can no longer be seen visibly that our light would continue to shine on those with whom we have had influence. Influence cannot be snuffed out. The impact we have on others is lasting. Because of this I would suggest we live to faithfully serve God and others, making a difference physically, spiritually and emotionally... even when we're out of sight.

Jesus encouraged us, "Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." ~Matthew 5:16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?