Difficult Journeys



Sometimes life's journey is paved with smooth asphalt... sometimes the path is covered in ankle-twisting roots. We might not plan to take the more difficult path, but we are not in control of our destiny regardless of what the self-help gurus say -- God's purpose trumps man's plans.

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.


It is assuring to know that IF I'm following Jesus Christ THEN the promise of my final reward and His daily strength gives me the ability and courage to press on through any adverse conditions along the way.

Psalm 73:24
You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.


And while we as Christians look forward to our final resting place in heaven, we ought to be mindful that the journey is the present destination and we ought to live each moment for the sake and glory of our Lord and Savior.

Psalm 31:3
Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?