Bridging Life's Rivers


This old wooden bridge has been located on this spot for decades. It was once the primary way to cross the Ogeechee River from Warren County to Hancock County. It is still safe to use for foot traffic and light vehicles but is now on private land. A new concrete bridge has replaced it about 300 yards downstream.

Looking at this old weathered bridge made me think of people in my life who have helped me figuratively cross over from one river bank to the other.

My parents helped me bridge that gap of maturation from childhood to adulthood (crossing over those teenage years in between without drowning).

I've had physicians who have bridged troubling medical issues helping me and family members cross from sickness to health, and from debilitating pain to freedom of mobility.

Most importantly, Jesus Christ bridged that gap that took me from a state of lostness and hopelessness to where I am now -- securely found in God's loving embrace with hope for now and eternity.
 

Remember that you were at one time separated from Christ... having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. (Ephesians 2:12-13)

Maybe we all ought to look back on those bridges we've crossed and thank God that today we are safely on the other side. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?