Peace Like a River

The sounds of water tumbling over rocks in the mountains is such a soothing, calming sound. In fact, so much so that there are electronic devices and apps that will play this sound to help you relax during the day or fall asleep peacefully at night. Personally I would just prefer to walk beside that quiet, gurgling stream in the natural environment that God prepared for us to enjoy.

I am convinced that people need the extra help to calm their souls because of all the stress and stimulation they receive all day long. My wife would agree that I have a difficult time with this as well, so I am forever looking for an excuse to head to the mountains.

Another reason I believe people lack peace in their life is because they do not personally know the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ.

Jesus told his followers and reminds us...

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." (John 14:27)

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

Jesus never promised a life without conflict, but He did promise a peace that passes understanding that casts out fear. It is an inner peace despite circumstances.

No God -- no peace.
Know God -- know peace.

Is peace of mind, soul and spirit missing in your life? Then seek out the One who can fill you with an everlasting, overcoming and overflowing peace.

Porters Creek
Great Smoky Mountains

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?