When God Is Ready


My barn hunting friends and I were driving down the highway when I looked out the side window and said, "Stop!" It didn't take too much convincing from me to get the guys to turn the truck around for this shot.

This very moment reminded me of the Ansel Adams quote: “Sometimes I do think I get to places just when God is ready to have someone click the shutter!”


I truly believe that God has special, ordained moments lined up for us every day. It may come in the form of an intersection of lives where "bumping" into a person was more than a coincidence -- either you needed to be blessed by that individual or you were intended to be a blessing to them. It could be that Jesus just wants to put a smile on your face or a warm feeling in your heart. Maybe He wants to utterly blow you away in awe, wonder and amazement by who He is.

I can't help but wonder how many of those ordained moments we miss regularly because we are not looking for them. This scene could have been missed by all four of us if I had not been looking. It was getting late and we needed to get back to our cars anyway. We certainly could have justified not stopping, but if we had not taken the time to soak in God's ordained moment then you would not be reading this right now, we would have missed a beautiful photo opportunity, and we'd have learned one less life lesson. 

Psalm 31:14-15
But I trust in you, O Lord;
I say, “You are my God.”
My times are in your hand.


If my times are in God's hand and I trust Him, then I want to be prepared when God is ready to do something in me, around me or through me.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?